Immersion Blenders are the perfect tool for whipping up super-fresh, preservative-free mayonnaise whenever you want it. And once you start making your own, you will realize that mass-produced store-bought mayo just doesn’t cut it anymore. Here’s a quick and easy recipe to get you started that makes enough for several servings.
What you’ll need:
- one-fourth cup of EggBeaters (we are using an egg replacement here to avoid the contamination risk of raw eggs; use a whole raw egg if you prefer, but do so at your own risk!)
- one tablespoon of lemon juice (fresh squeezed is best) or white wine vinegar
- one half tablespoon of your favorite mustard (we like Dijon)
- one cup of your favorite vegetable oil (we like Canola and sunflower)
- one-fourth teaspoon of kosher salt
- one-fourth teaspoon of ground pepper (white is typically used but you can experiment)
Combine all of the above into a high-sided (narrow) mixing bowl, glass or beaker, then immerse your blender, placing it toward the bottom of the vessel and start blending, using a slow speed initially and then increasing as necessary. The mixture should thicken within 20 seconds or so depending on the speed of your blender. Begin raising and lowering the blender slowly for another 30 seconds or so until fully blended and a smooth consistency is achieved.