Smoothies are one of the main reasons why some people purchase a stick blender. And who can blame them? Mixing up a smoothie right in your own glass is easy and reduces waste. In addition, you avoid the time-consuming clean up involved with traditional counter top blenders. Although the sky is the limit here, the following is a simple, healthy and very tasty smoothie that we are confident you will love making – and enjoying.
What You’ll Need:
- three-fourths cup of skim or 1% milk (can be replaced with soy or non-dairy)
- one to two servings of your favorite protein powder supplement
- one cup of small frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.)
- one sliced, ripened banana
- one teaspoon flax seed oil
- one to two teaspoons honey, agave, brown sugar or other sweetener (optional)
Add all ingredients to large cup or mixing bowl. A chilled container can be used but is not necessary. Insert the blender and pulse at first until ingredients begin to combine, then increase speed and move blender up and down throughout mixture for another 30 seconds or so until desired consistency is attained.